I don’t know about you but I love grilled cheese and tomato soup – its filling, its perfect on a rainy day and its moderately healthy. One of the ways I’ve made this meal healthier is by making to soup from scratch! Now don’t be afriad, – I thought this was going to be very time consuming and difficult but I was way wrong so let’s jump to it.
Benefits of making the soup yourself!
- Cheaper than cans
- No crazy chemicals and preservatives
- In control of salt and sugar that go in to it
- Basil is great for heart and bone health
- Tomatoes have anti-inflammatory properties which are good for nearly everything in the body.
Easy Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe:
- 5 small tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1 carrot
- pinch of sugar
There you have it – a simple, cheap and healthy way to make tomato soup.